TANTALIZED

TANTALIZED.
Knowing her is an experience
that will last a thousand years.
Her beauty planted love in my very tender heart,
and it grew like a monster seed.
My heart grew fond of her.
All night I ponder deep,
pacing like a confused diplomat,
trying to fish out rhymes for a love poem.
If I had a thousand litres of ink,
I would use it to the last drop,
to write her good poetry.
Whenever she looks at me
with her sparkling eye,
I melt like ice.
And when she shows her radiant smiles,
My skeleton breaks into pieces.
I drew pictures of her,
and painted a portrait of us;
The family we would create.
We met the night it rained at Ikeja,
She seeks shelter.
Without a second thought,
I handed over my coat.
She was just too beautiful to feel cold.
Her name continuously rings in my mind.
I was praying,
I can't wait for sunrise.
God was listening, he granted my request.

Well polished 21 years old poet,
I didn't forget a rose attached to the poem;
The poem I wrote for her.
Just like a movie,
I arrived her apartment.
Sometimes love could be inspiring,
I knocked the right door.
She never add her flat number to the address.
But my instincts never fails.
I met her again, but this time;
Much more than beautiful.
My eyeballs started spinning.
I can't wait for her to read my poem,
Only then she'll know what I feel.
She introduced me to her family,
It was bad,
It was tantalising,
I was tantalize.
She introduced me to her husband
and two lovely kids.
Then I realized how much I loved the door,
I couldn't resist grabbing it.
I reached for the door and left.
Sorry Mariam, I was to sad,
I forget to shut your door.
        C. Timothy jr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History of the Famous Explorers and the Discovery of America

FILLINGS AND FEELINGS PDF

FATE OR ILLUCK?