The Whole Word
THE WHOLE WORD
I've lived on pages,
My abode is in-between books.
But I'm feeling like we are in a cage,
beholding my colleagues with questionable looks.
The world is full with iconic figures,
The books; with unending stories,
I wonder how I will buy with uncertain measures,
The results parked many ambitions like damaged lorries.
But happy is a man that reads
and doesn't trust in them,
Great is he that strive not to lead,
Such shall write with golden inks.
Let the dreamers dream,
And the scholars toil,
Only God gives flows to streams,
Grace is the nutrients in the soil.
Removing Christ from the picture,
is adding crisis to the future.
A student that builds confidence on self,
Will soon fall like books off the shelf.
© C. Timothy
I've lived on pages,
My abode is in-between books.
But I'm feeling like we are in a cage,
beholding my colleagues with questionable looks.
The world is full with iconic figures,
The books; with unending stories,
I wonder how I will buy with uncertain measures,
The results parked many ambitions like damaged lorries.
But happy is a man that reads
and doesn't trust in them,
Great is he that strive not to lead,
Such shall write with golden inks.
Let the dreamers dream,
And the scholars toil,
Only God gives flows to streams,
Grace is the nutrients in the soil.
Removing Christ from the picture,
is adding crisis to the future.
A student that builds confidence on self,
Will soon fall like books off the shelf.
© C. Timothy
Comments
Post a Comment