A GIRL FROM LAGOS
She is not beautiful,
She’s beyond it,
She is wonderful,
In beauty, other girls suffer defeat.
That’s a lassie from Lagos,
Thick lip-gloss
With lips sweeter than honey,
So let me call her “Honey”.
Tho’ she is after money,
I don’t care about the advice of mommy,
Because she’s caught me.
Her beauty is spell,
And unto her kiss, I fell.
She’s a girl from Lagos.
TEMI, she’s a girl from Lagos,
I careless about what bonds us,
Love or lust
I may be lost,
But she’s the lassie that makes a man’s pride rust.
Her smile captures like wildfire
She's a kings’ desire,
I don’t need pension when I retire.
She powers me like live wires.
Dressed to kill
She still smiles to heal.
Lord I am on my knees,
Give me a lassie from Lagos.
PRECIOUS, she’s a damsel from Lagos,
She’s all spices and Indian onion,
Her fragrance reaches a thousand miles
She blew up my pride like landmines,
And commands humility to duty
I will love her till infinity
But I have to go
Because it’s getting cold
Plus I’m getting old
So I kicked the ball above the goal
With a conscience as cold as snow
TOLANI, my sweetheart from EKO,
Am sorry our relationship grew cold.
It’s because the lines we drew are just too bold,
And I must confess I can’t bear your loads,
They can end me in jail or killed,
Especially your heavy bills.
The first time we kissed,
Words can’t express what I feel,
But each time I set my eyes on your bills,
My pocket goes down on her knees.
My tender heart bleeds
But I can’t help it, so I flee
Like a stubborn school boy
So you don’t have to play me like a toy.
I don’t blame you, I blame your soil;
You are a girl from Lagos.
Copyright: C. Timothy JR.

Comments
Post a Comment