REALITY
REALITY
I walked upto a policeman,
“Sir, is life a cinema?
Why then do you watch criminals
Leave and live cut free?
Sir, honestly, I need a uniform,
Please don’t be misinformed,
It’s not like I want to create another you,
But I really want to be the difference
When you compare night to noon.
I refuse sitting on the fence,
Proclaiming righteous manifestoes
Yet, operating evil objectives.
Above all, I vow not to become mosquitoes
Draining hustling motorist.”
“We,” he said “may be clothed in black,
Like darkness, but our ways are not dark,
Son, don’t compare us to nights,
We are here to defend your rights.
Is not like delight
In bribes and letting sinners go unpunished.
Plus we have children we’ve furnished
With the truth and righteously building them the way they should grow,
Son, I hope you know;
We pray to God, hear clergies and read the Holy Book
And we know He has a very big eye,
He beholds all like it’s the palm of His hands.
But this is real life,
Because the truth cuts like a knife
That’s why we can’t say the truth
Corruption is in our roots
We are just the leafs
And we wish to live
Not for ourselves but for our families,
It’s not enough for them to breathe,
They also have to eat,
The salary staggers like a drunk
And our standard of living is as dead as a rock,
That why we create road blocks,
That’s how we survive,
It’s not greed that command our extra strive,
It's the need to live in-between the real and the reality
The ability to distinguish truth from Facts.”
©C. Timothy Jr.
Comments
Post a Comment