Sugar

(1)
I don't know if you recollect,
How swift our lips first crashed.
It was accident I'm forever grateful for
Cos it gave rise to my heartfelt emotions
That was directed towards you.
You were tad bit jumpy,
Perhaps, by the fact that we were alone.
You picked up that bowl of sugar,
Then in a flash sec, it slipped.
We weren't fast enough so,
It hit the floor, leaving a splatter to be cleared.
I wouldn't let you clear up on your own,
So down I went by you to pick the broken pieces.
There was this piece we both reached for,
I picked it and watched you take your hair behind your ear.
I could swear you were the most beautiful girl alive.
I moved closer and your lips crashed against mine in a swift,
Then you pulled of, apologising the next second.
You walked away leaving the words "it was an accident" in the air.
Since you say it's an accident,
I'm happy I had it with you.
I never did forget the taste of those lips.
They tasted like Sugar, the one you left for me.

(2)
The world was formed with everything sweet,
But you came and added more sweetness.
You helped us wipe away the sweat,
Of looking for the ivory of stillness.
You are clean as a saint,
White and designed with purity,
Strong with succulent texture,
Old like the Olden Days culture,
With a shape of unity,
That unites us in slums and cities,
Distorting racism,
Moving ashore to places of federalism,
Serving the Blacks and Whites,
Showing us the colour of your light.
You rule the market in Cuba,
After taming their notorious cabals,
Who are addicted to Chocolate Bars.

(3)
Put y'all cup in the air 
If the cube do not swim
in the pool of your "garri"
when you prepared it 
As your favorites meal,
Put y'all spoon in the air 
If the cube do not had 
Sex with your morning
coffee, 
put y'all cup in the air 
If the cube do not 
Walk through red sea 
Of your "acamu" when you 
Throat was dying, 
put y'all spoon in the air 
If the cube do not save 
Your soul when the coco 
And cow breast saliva is dying 
In your cup, 
Put y'all middle finger in the air 
If you do not saintly steal the cube 
Behind y'all mom when she left 
Without her shadow. 
Put y'all buttock in the air 
If y'all mom never complained 
Nor beat cos you consumed much 
Of it. 
Sugar is our Christ .

(4)
I am old now
My back aches
My urine is sweater than honey
And my life span is critically endangered
Here I sit on my cradle bed
And reflect on how you've plundered my life
You're fairer than Lilly
More enticing than Delilah
And with every taste of you
I ask for more like Oliver Twist
How I love thee
The satisfaction you gave me
Builds a moment of ecstatic pleasure in me
Now I loathe thee
Even thou I still desire thee
Had I knew that "Ewuro" was bitter but the end product is sweet life
You were sweet by now your product is a bitter life
A bitter life for me as I walk on three legs for seconds I have left to live.

(5)
There is hardly no one that doesn't know you.
Packaged in blue box,
Providing us sweetness from generations aback.
With your fame you rule our world.
Like Mtn you are everywhere we go.
Even our leaders forsake us.
Your ability to stand with the masses is commendable.
The only one to brighten our day with the sweetness you brought to our garri.
With your might, you made Dangote sugar to swim in the sea of mediocrity.
Your name alone brought fear to their minds.
The originality you brought will forever be appreciated.
Thank you for always coming to our aid.
Merci.

Inked by

Witty 
Faz 
Afolabi
Airmee
Fezman

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History of the Famous Explorers and the Discovery of America

FILLINGS AND FEELINGS PDF

FATE OR ILLUCK?