The culture of the blacks
The culture of the blacks
Oh ye man with chest
And breast of African,
Where is my culture?
Where is our culture?
Who took our culture
On the voyages of no
Return?
Who are those that
Choose my culture to
Be reformed?
Oh ye native of African,
I smell sound from the
Other side as my music,
Where is apala?
Where is Fuji?
Where is sewele?
Oh ye native of African
Where is father and
Mother tongues?
I do not remember when
Last I greet with my tougues.
Oh ye African
What happened to
the days when we dance
naked in the rain?
The days where we long
for the purity of our maidens?
The days Our ancestors
are held in high esteem?
Where are our overfed
town criers?
Oh ye Africa
How I miss my moonlight
stories,
Now we are forced ton
tie a rope around our necks
Marry one in the midst of plenty,
Avoid our beloved victuals.
This is cruelty
We have been stripped
off our garments.
Oh ye African
Where is Gan gan,
Iya ilu,Bata,Shekere
Agogo.
I am tired of digital
Drums and stick set
of drums.
Oh African where are our gods?
Our gods who inspire fear,
Who condone no nonsense,
Who renders immediate justice.
Oh ye African
I am tired of shawama
Where is shawa,
I am tired of alcohol chemical
they called wine
Where is palm wine?
Where is our fresh fishes
from the river?
I am tired of chemical fishes.
Oh ye African
I'm tired of these alien calling.
Where are my Ekaites?
Oshiveres?
Why do my children have to answer to alien Callings?
Oh ye African
Where is black culture?
Duet by
Faz
Afolabi
Mighty inkers inspired
Comments
Post a Comment