BEARING AND DISTANCE

Bearing and Distance


beforehand,
I've replayed this day
in my head several times.
Except that I envisioned
myself in an exotic car—


the day I would drive past
my sss2 maths teacher and I
would speed fiercely splashing
enough mud on him and his
trademark faded blue jean.


six years ago,
he dragged my pride in
the mud for failing a problem
in Bearing and Distance, and
told me he doubted if I'll find my place in life.


today,
he came for a party in my area.
with the invitation in his hand
and directions on it,
he still couldn't find his way.


he met me, asking for my help
and I remembered how I had always
wanted to ride pompously past him,
also I wondered how his knowledge
of Bearing and Distance has failed him.


well,
instead of remarking my doubts in him,
i told him where he was going was
190° due north east of south 2kms away—
he should be able to find his destination soon enough.
©A. Shomade


Like our page on Facebook

Remember to drop a comment, it encourages the writer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History of the Famous Explorers and the Discovery of America

FILLINGS AND FEELINGS PDF

FATE OR ILLUCK?