TALES OF BIOLA XIX (Inmate 830945)


TALES OF BIOLA XIX (Inmate 830945)


She's scared,
Jittering before my eyes.
I never cared,
I was rushing to resume a new job.
She's my girlfriend not too good with lies.
As I opened the front door,
I knew something was wrong.
First, the hour, too early to expect her return.
I couldn't say a word, it'll interrupt my morning song.
She gave that shy look of a cat,
I knew it was creepy,
But her brilliant smile deceived my heart.
She walked in slowly but her pace was still unusual,
I ignored her, stopped my singing,
I was distracted by what's swaying behind her.
She took a few steps, turned around;
"Kunle, what's the problem?"
I quickly looked away and chorused a fib
"Something is abnormal about the ground"
She looked at me askance,
She prolly noticed my ubiquity.
She picked her cat-like steps to my bedroom,
As I gave her a final glance.
If only I knew 'twas our last meeting.
Only six months we've been together.
A thing as pregnancy couldn't haven hoarded,
With all it loud appearance.
Maybe I wasn't looking the right direction.
But now I'm crossed in an accusation because of something Biola refused to mention.
This accusation sent me to jail for 21 years,
The judge couldn't believe my tears.
"You're a heartless beast!"
She cried as she pronounced my sentence.
"You organised abortion for a teenager,
Locked her indoor for three days,
She bled painfully to death while we searched the earth for her!"
Her mother cried aloud in the courtroom
begging the judge for my corpse.
But the judge took my lifetime, and spared my life.
I was famous already,
The news was talking about
"A 23 years old that slayed his pregnant girlfriend
and hide her body for three days."
I couldn't explain it to any inmate.
10 years ago, I was in a fight with an inmate
Because he said;
"Every murderer here killed here victim and ran,
Or buried them somewhere,
But you killed a 19 years old lock her up in your room to rot..."
I lost it, and my spoon was forced down his throat.
"I left her the keys!
I didn't know what was going on!
I told her I won't be back for  seven days!!"
I was screaming before him as he was choking to his death.
But somehow the warders came running to save him.
21 years gone, with fewer people talking about me
As the years gradually walks away,
But this year was different.
I was already a Boss in this prison and enjoying my position
Suddenly I was sent for.
"Inmate 830945, report to the office now!"
The warder announced
Andrew a convicted kidnapper, tapped me.
"That's you bro, I've being listening to gossips,
I think there's an update on your case."
I couldn't....
Thanks for reading TALES OF BIOLA XIX _(Inmate 830945)_
Complete poem available in The Tales of Biola V.1 
publishing date: Q1. 2020

Anticipate 
#ProudToBuy

Like our page on Facebook

Remember to drop a comment, it encourages the writer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History of the Famous Explorers and the Discovery of America

FILLINGS AND FEELINGS PDF

FATE OR ILLUCK?