THE NEGLECTED: TWO TALES


THE NEGLECTED: TWO TALES

It all started when I was a kid;
Everyday, mom left me at our neighbor's apartment
Before going to work.
Many times, she'd not care to give food.
I was uncared for,
Wore torn clothes,
No pants,
And looked unkempt.
Mom wore flashy wears,
Expensive wigs,
Latest jewellery,
And had sumptuous meals at eateries.
Everyday, when she came back,
She'd call me names,
Beat me up,
And tell me that I cause her pain.
I became a girl with no friend,
No one to talk to.
I couldn't look into anyone's eyes;
Inferiority complex hit me badly.
One day, Uncle Sam played a video,
Sat very close to me,
Wrapped his arm around me,
And soon rested his head on my shoulder.
I lowered my gaze,
But he lifted my head with his finger.
He said he loved me,
And would take care of me.
Uncle Sam paused the video,
Ran his hand on his bed,
Got a newly bought gown,
And asked me to wear it.
Looking at the ground with fear,
I pulled off the tattered clothe on me.
He asked me to stop
And watch the video.
I glanced at the television,
Saw a girl unclad like I was.
My lips parted in shock,
But he winked at me.
In the flight of life,
Mama was a working class
And papa books the first class.
I thought we pray to God for our daily bread,
Why then do I eat Queen's meal bread daily?
Mama was very shy;
Always out of the house before cockcrow,
And returned home when only the owl watched.
Dad was a reverend father;
Drafting whot and holding the monopoly of ludo.
Oh! You thought my dad stands behind the pulpit?
He's the king of boys and the voice of the street.
Unlike you, I never had to watch wicked pictures,
But I was lured to the bed of lies
By the lord of my butterflies.
Peeping to watch cartoons,
Made me to become a character in hentai.
It wasn't rape!
Every chapter of my life
Was void of a story line
Because I was the only act.
I wasn't raped!
My life is full of pain
All I sought was a comic relief
And this pleasurable pain
Is more like it.
EK TiGER et Vikjtaar Inked 


Like our page on Facebook

Remember to drop a comment, it encourages the writer.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting... You can also read more of these beautiful writings on our Facebook and Instagram pages.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

History of the Famous Explorers and the Discovery of America

FILLINGS AND FEELINGS PDF

FATE OR ILLUCK?